Tuesday, June 10, 2008

~*Decision Making & Rantings*~

I am in a huge huge dilemma right now...there are so many things lingering in my mind and i couldn't be bothered to make a solid decision of what i am planning to do as of yet. Days go by so slowly these days, especially after finishing all my exams. I guess i am pretty bored staying at home nearly everyday because i am so lazy and tired to even step out of my room. I prefer staying in my room surfing the internet rather than going out with my friends or housemates, even if it's just for a meal or two. Besides, going out means that i have to spend more money and i really wish to save some money for the rainy days since i have already spent quite a lot of money during the beginning of the semester. Alas, the greatest and most valuable lesson i have learned is not to waste my dimes on unnecessary stuffs...a lesson well-learned i assumed. Thank God my senses have finally awoken during my stay here in UK. What's the purpose of buying expensive clothing when nobody will even notice what you are wearing...what's the purpose of buying things which you don't even need...what's the purpose of going to an expensive hair salon if the end result is gonna be the same if i were to go to a cheap hair salon and et cetera.

My greatest dilemma is whether i should find a job here so that i can pass my time by doing something more beneficial and at the same time, earning some cash instead of lazing around in my room every day and night. After being lectured by my brother for over an hour or so, i finally decided to look for a job here in Newcastle. Initially, of course i have no intention or whatsoever to work here but after the "good" lecture from him, i think it will be the right decision to look for a job so that i could earn some money and at the same time, gain some well-deserved experiences. I have submitted my application form to work at either McDonald's or some bars-pubs-clubs around Newcastle city centre and hopefully i could get the feedback as soon as possible. A friend forewarned me not to work at the bars-pubs-clubs as it could be quite dangerous at times and also because of the hideous working time, whereby i have to work from around 10pm to 3 or 4 in the morning. However, i did not listen to his advice and continued applying to work at the bars-pubs-clubs and now i am SLIGHTLY regretting over my action to do so. Indeed, i should have consulted my parents first before applying for such kind of job but come to think of it, even if i am offered the job to work there, i could still decline the job when it is being offered to me, right? Logically speaking, it's better and safer to work at McDonald's and moreover, the working time is more flexible although it's not so easy to be offered a job there because there are LOTS of other students searching for empty vacancies at McDonald's too. Sigh, i really don't know what else to do...having a terrible headache right now as i am typing this post.. =( =(

Another dilemma i am facing now is whether i should continue doing my Masters in London or i should return back to Malaysia (precisely Kuala Lumpur) to do my CLP (Certificate in Legal Practice) at Brickfields Asia College. Oh by the way, Alvin...the CLP course will only be scrap off either next year or the year after, not this year (according to one of the consultants in Brickfields Asia College). I guess this is an even bigger dilemma for me compared to finding a job here because this involves my future...my future depends on the decision i'm making now!! Some of you might suggest that i complete my Masters first here in UK and then only return back to KL to continue my CLP but i don't think that is a wise decision because by doing so, i will have to spend more time and money and effort too!! After much thinking, i THINK i will probably return back to Malaysia after my graduation to continue doing my CLP in KL but that decision of mine hasn't been finalise yet...i will have to discuss this matter thoroughly with my father. I hope i am making the right decision as i don't want to have any regrets later in life. Going back to do my CLP in KL means that i can return to the beautiful island of Penang every fortnightly to be with my family, my lovely baby Billion and also Alvin and Nicholas as well as other friends whom are still staying in Penang...at the same when i'm in KL, i can go out shopping (didn't i just mentioned that i have to cut down on shopping) and makan-makan with both Ivans and Alan. But to leave UK will also be quite painful for me...i will miss Jimmy and one of my housemate who is extremely close to me (her name is Ava), the environment, the culture, the lifestyle, the living standard, the delicacies, the enormous amount of eye-candies and everything else. Among all my housemates, Ava is the person whom i'm the closest with...we share almost everything with each other. She tells me most of her secrets and i also told her most of my secrets (except for some, you know what is it)...practically, she tells me secrets which she even kept from her boyfriends (and yes, she has a few boyfriends). We are like brothers and sisters or more like sisters and sisters...we treat each other so well!! When i am feeling down and lonely, i will go to her room and talk to her regarding the issue that is bothering me...when i am sick, she will take good care of me and reminds me to take my medication just in case i forgotten about it...we cook meals for each other when we are around...we bitch about other people, especially another housemate of ours who stole and ran away with my frying pan...we consult and ask each other's opinion before purchasing something...basically, we do nearly everything together!! I will miss her so much when i go back to Malaysia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, moving one, enough about the dilemmas which i am currently facing...it's now time for some gossip!! I am so so so damn pissed off with one of my classmate...he is such an asshole!! I really really regretted becoming his friend...i have never been so dumb to fall into his tricks. Lots of people are already avoiding him from the beginning but i stood by him all these while, how foolish can i be?? He lies, he backstabs his own close friends, he takes advantages of people...how could i not realise all of those?? I have been blinded by him...i feel like a fool right now!! I just can't wait for him to go home as soon as possible so that i don't have to see his face anymore...i haven't been so angry for such a long time. I must admit that sometimes we do agree quarrel over small matters but this time, it's way beyond the limit...when we talk with our friends, we should be polite during the conversation and we must also have respect for each other. Before accusing your friend, you should investigate the truth behind the accusation made...and you should have more trust and faith in your close friends rather than to believe everything that your newfound friend said!! That friend of mine is older than me but his behaviour is much more amateur compared to mine...that is just disgraceful, shameful and embarrassing!! I will not tolerate this friend anymore...i am sick and tired of his moronic attitude!! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Alan, learn from me...if you think your friendship with someone is not worth saving, just completely ignore that person and don't waste your time on trying to mend / improve the relationship between you and him!!

Ah, i guess that's all for now...this must be one of the longest post i have ever written. Sorry for the long post, i guess i really am free nowadays. Until then, take care & have fun always. Cheers.. =) =)

4 comments:

Ivan Lee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ivan Lee said...

hello there.. it's been a while lol.. well, just dropping by to give my two cents worth.. first, about your work.. i would suggest McD rather than a pub even though the latter might sound "cooler" and u might gain more in terms of skills, alcohol related skills that is. however, since your future career does not depend on such skills, although it doesn't hurt to gain some of it as i myself would have gone for pub due to my interest, McD on the other hand (chain, not franchise) according to my lecturer, has a better human resource policy, which u might be able to learn something from it perhaps. about your studies, i have a friend who is in brickfields currently taking law.. i can ask for his opinion on that place if u want. well i guess tats about it.. don't fret over making wrong decisions, at least it's better than not being able to make one. easier said than done haha.. tell tat to me next time when i annoy u about not being able to make a decision between ahem.. :D anyways take good care of yourself and don't forget u owe me tons of free legal advice in the future :P

Tau Sar Phneah said...

kel, although it was a long post, i did read through every single word u wrote (see how concentrate am i) haha..

i totally understand how u feels right now as the situation happened to me before (remembered i told you guys that im gonna be back after a year) but, see what happen to me now..haha..i changed my mind..

is good to ask for others to give their opinions about this as it's not a small decision..do listen to your parents, brothers, perhaps lecturers as well and not to forget US as well..haha..(that's what i did) and decide your final decision..anyhow, the toughest decision will still be in your hands..

my little thought to share with you..(so pro)..hehe..think about the future but at the same time not to miss out the present..i know is hard but you still need to make a conclusion on it..if you think staying back here would benefit you more eg: independent, making own decision and more confident in yourself then stay back..on the other hand, if you decided to go back nobody will stop you too..

personally from me, (you may not agree with me) if you have the chance to develop yourself here..why miss out the opportunity?? since we're still young and do have the energy, why don't make an effort and make our family feel proud about it..i know it will be hard in the beginning, but as life goes on you will adapt to it..

to be honest, i don't really enjoyed my life here..i mean i love my job and enjoy what i'm doing but not the life, as i miss out all the colorful aspects of my life that i could have in Msia, the food, the culture and the PEOPLE..but i can assure you that one day i will DEFINITELY go back to Msia for good for a simple reason: IM A PROUD MALAYSIAN!!

whatever decision you made, just remember that we, your 'family' will always support you..

lots of love and take care :-)

alvin_t said...

jus follow ur heart and do what u feel best for you and don't look back and regret bout it already ..
you have to start somewhere and continue moving ..

~aL~