Tuesday, July 10, 2007

~*Exam Fever Once Again*~

Holy crap, my finals examination is in two weeks time...i really can't believe how time flies by. In just a blink of an eye, my second year degree programme is finally coming to an end...which i have been waiting for so damn long. It's not that i dislike it, it's just that i hope to graduate as soon as possible and come out to find a decent job. However, I still haven't decide on my future career yet. Although i am taking a law degree programme, it doesn't mean that i want to be a lawyer or an attorney or anything to do with the word L-A-W. My main vision is to venture into human resource department in hopefully a high profile firm/company but then, as always, my vision can change from time to time. How i wish somebody can help me to decide on my future career...i'm totally hopeless when it comes to this particular matter...:( Anyway, my current post as the President of my college's law society will also be coming to an end in about approximately two months where we will be holding our Annual General Meeting to select new committee members for the coming new term. Oh, i just wonder who will be the next President of the law society...being the law society's President has been one of my greatest achievements so far. Ever since i have been voted to be the President, i have known so many new friends...when i said many, it really means a lot more than you can imagined. And the best part is, you get people's respect and it definitely feels great. There is only one con of being a President, which is carrying all the burdens all by yourself...there is a saying which says that "with great powers, come great responsibilities". However, i try not to look at the negative side and focus only on the brighter side. I will definitely miss the moments of myself being the President of the law society in my college.

Anyway, today has been a great day for me...my society organised a visit to the Penang High court which is located inside the Northam Tower building. There were a total of 33 students including myself and two lecturers from our college, namely Mr. Kevin and Ms. Jane. This is my second time visiting a court, my first time was visiting the Federal Court or more commonly known as Palace of Justice in Putrajaya some time back last year. Back to today's court visit...we gathered at the entrance of the court and then we went up to the 3rd floor of the court building at around 8.30am. We were given some brief information about the court's rules & regulations. After that briefing, we were split into three different groups consisting of 11 students each. I was in charged of the first group of students where we were designated to the Traffic Offences & Magistrates hearing. Mr. Kevin was to take lead of the second group where they were designated to the civil offences hearing while lucky Ms. Jane took the third group to the criminal offences hearing. I really wish that my group could go to the criminal offences hearing as that would be much more interesting and fun. But once again, i have to look at the bright and positive side...going to the Traffic Offences and Magistrates hearing wasn't as boring as it seem to be. At least i managed to gain lots of important information regarding traffic offences and the punishments given to the various offenders. For those of you who is reading my blog right now...please be aware not to drink too much alcohol especially if you are the one driving home. If the police catches you consuming too much alcoholic drinks aka "exceeding the permitted limit of alcohol", you could be in grave danger...because you might end up paying a huge amount of fine or worse still, you could be send to prison. So, please do not drink & drive...this is a safety community message brought to you by -Kelvin-...hehehe!!! I am so thankful that i managed to organise this meaningful visit to the court...there's just so much things that i had learned about the proceedings in the court and et cetera. The whole process ended at approximately 11.45am and immediately after that, i went home to take a short nap before heading back to college for class lectures which started at 2.30pm and ended at 8.30pm. After my class had ended...i sped off immediately to gym to attend Aze's Abs & Stretch class...amazingly, i didn't suffer any serious pain after that workout...maybe i am already used to all the tortures and pains considering that this is already my third week in the gym. Anyway, i think i should stop blogging already before i get myself too carried away...it's time for me to have my precious beauty sleep...until then...see you. ;)

2 comments:

justin k said...

Wow, you're the president?!?! Hi mister president

Ivan Lee said...

biatch... when r u gonna update ur blog? haha... ;P