Friday, February 15, 2008

~*Those Were The Days*~





I had a strange dream a couple of weeks back...i dreamt that i started playing Magic cards once again after stopping for a very very long time. The main reason i stopped playing Magic cards and others, such as Pokémon cards & Harry Potter cards was because of several reasons. Firstly, time is too precious to be wasted on such things. Secondly, lesser people are interested in such games anymore and thirdly, it's too expensive to keep on buying such collectible card games. I still remembered the 1st type of collectible card game which got me so addicted has got to be none other than "Pokémon Trading Card Game". During back then, such card games were so so hot...as in many people were interested in such kind of things and that of course, included myself. I couldn't remember how much money i have spent on Pokémon cards but as far as i can remember, it's damn a lot!!! After my obsession with Pokémon cards has eventually wore off, suddenly there comes Harry Potter Trading Card Game which got me so hooked on. Luckily, my interest with Harry Potter card didn't sustained long enough. Then my obsession jumped towards Magic: The Gathering collectible card game. Well, i guess the amount of time & money i spent on Magic cards were almost the same as Pokémon cards. After playing all the three aforementioned card games, i finally decided to quit playing such kind of games due to the reasons which are stated at the beginning of this post.

However, a few days ago as i was doing some online shopping, i came across the section where they sells Pokémon cards. Out of a sudden, all the forgotten sweet memories of playing Pokémon cards started to trigger my mind. So, i click on the relevant section and started browsing through the Pokémon card game section. After much hesitation, i finally bought myself 6 Pokémon theme decks. Yup, you read right...i bought SIX decks, NOT booster packs!!! But of course since i have nobody to play with, i just bought the cards for collectible purposes. Sometimes, by looking at the cards, i feel more happy and relaxed...weird hmmm, but hey, you can't blame me cause those cards were part of my life back then.

I know it's kinda wasting money but i can't help it especially since i am so addicted to online shopping nowadays. On weekdays, after coming back from class, i just feel so lazy to go out from my place and on weekends, i feel even lazier by waking up late in the morning, or should i said 'afternoon'. So, most of my shopping (except groceries & clothes) are done through online shopping such as buying books, electrical items and et cetera. Do not expect me to walk to the city centre just to get one pathetic stuff...i will usually wait till all my groceries are finished before heading out to get new ones. The reason i am feeling so lethargic is probably due to the cold weather here and also because of the exhaustion from a long tiring hours of lectures in class. Anyway, that's all for now...shall blog again once i have the free time. Cheers...

4 comments:

Yong Ming said...

OMG! Kelvin... 6 Decks!!

Crazy lah you. Especially buying Pokemon decks. Pokemon TCG now is so stupid... no fun to play at all. The cards are so overpowered. Magic is still okay I think. You should've bought a Magic deck. I did :D

Kelvin Goh said...

Aiyoh, why cannot buy Pokemon cards anymore? I am buying it for colectible purposes, not to play with it...lol. I did thought of buying Magic deck too but i decided otherwise because if i ended buying both, lots of money will be wasted. However, i will consider buying a Magic deck in the future if i have more $$$. ;)

Yong Ming said...

Well... if you buy then I can play with you what

Alan said...

so you two can play online ?