Friday, September 14, 2007

~*A Brand New Life in Newcastle, Part 1*~

Hi everyone, it's been a long time since i last updated my blog. I have been very busy for the past few weeks due to my preparation to leave for UK. After nearly 20 hours journey time from Malaysia to UK, i finally arrived at Newcastle airport at around 12.30pm local time. A friend of mina and myself was greeted by a team of greeter called the "Meet & Greet" team from our university, Northumbria University upon arrival at the airport. They were very friendly and they welcome us with open hands. Then, we were taken to the accommodation office where we have to fill up a registration form and finally, they took me to my accommodation, Glenamara House. The flat unit i am staying at contains 6 rooms, a kitchen and 3 bathrooms. My room is located just beside the main entrance to my flat unit. Basically, it's a very nice room...it has a big study table, a comfortable lying chair, a wardrobe, a single bed and a personal hand basin. I am quite impressed with my room and i guess i can get used to it earlier than expected...i'm lovin' it. My housemates are great too...thank you God fulfilling my wish...three of them are from Hong Kong, one from Taiwan and another one from Brunei Darussalam...and he's so so hot...thanking God again. They are very friendly and we kinda chatted for a while. The next time you guys see me, i can speak fluent cantonese already...hahaha. After taking shower and resting for a short while, i went shopping with my friend to buy a bedsheet, pillow, duvet and a bolster...too bad that this accommodation does not provide bedding services...i have to buy them all and it's really expensive. Then, we went to the electronic gadgets store to look at some digital cameras and mobile phones...to my surprised, mobile phones sold in UK are very much cheaper than it is being sold in Malaysia even after converting it back into Ringgit Malaysia. After that, we went for dinner at McDonald's which is located just beside the electronic gadgets store...which was my first meal here in Newcastle. Call me stupid but in my opinion, the food served at McDonald's in Malaysia is much better compared to the one served here. The burger i bought was hard and the french fries is nearly tasteless...and the diet coke tasted different too. I won't be eating McDonald's again anytime soon. Eventhough i have my entire classmates here with me, i still feel very lonely due to the fact that i am a minority here at Newcastle...the ratio of an Asian citizen to a local citizen is 1:10...left, right, front, back...everyone is pure English unlike in London, where you can see different races of people anywhere on the streets. However, i must admit that English people are very very friendly and good-mannered...oh yeah, there are lots of handsome guys and pretty ladies at every corner of the road...i can just faint every few seconds...honestly. The weather here is very cold although it's still autumn...in the afternoon it's about 17 degrees celcius and during the night, it could drop down to below 10 degrees celcius...i'm freezing right now but thankfully i have a heater inside my room. I wouldn't dare to imagine what will happen to me during the winter. Anyway, i shall post up pictures of my room and the surrounding scenery of the place i am staying at when i have the free time to do so...as for now, i wanna go take unpack my stuffs first...still haven't finish unpacking yet. Shall blog again some other time. Take care...bye!!!

P.S. Thanks i.t.ch. for dedicating a post for me in your blog...i appreciate it. ;)

No comments: